~guitar & more...~

i have just spent some time catching up with my blogging roundhouse~my i have so many of you out there that i follow!


so why have i not been about so much?

well we had a vw festival recently which took us away for five days, swampy was helping with two of the sows competitions so i was happily left on my own to potter around my bit of 'land' and making sure mismi and flynt stayed cool...the day after we arrived and became stuck in mud...so setting up camp where we were stuck...the sun came out and it has remained out ever since.

from talking about the endless rain and floods we are now talking about the heat...and my oh my its hot!

we came home to some frazzled plants and yet more families of sparrows growing up in our two nest boxes (and unfortunately one little baby casualty found in the flower pot below one of the nest boxes)

~*~*~*~*~

so...

fingertips...

i have started to learn the guitar...

i am so excited!

in my teens my dad had a 3/4 classical which he never actually played and i wanted to play it but never did, never had the confidence i suppose.

i bought swampy an electric guitar a few years ago as he is a huge rock fan-but he hardly touched it and it just sat gathering dust and i have no interest in electric guitars

our neighbour Calv has a nice collection of acoustic guitars, a ukulele, mandolin and more recently a banjo and when it is very quiet i can hear him playing.

 he brought one of his acoustic guitars round for swampy a few weeks ago as he kept saying he wanted to play one and for a few days it just sat there, patiently waiting on my big rocking chair, for someone to pick it up.

well it was me that picked it up...


Calv's customised yamaha f310

i am now as addicted to the guitar as i am to my crochet and needle felting!

i have been playing about a month now, i try to do at least half an hour a day, practising my chords and finger picking and my finger tips are slowly developing very hard skin.
last night as swampy wanted to watch the opening of the olympics (i wont get started on that!) i sat in the bedroom and decided to start to practise 'sounds of silence' as a way of working on my chord changes which at this time are painfully slow!

we are now looking to buy me my very own guitar, another yamaha f310 although i have already selected a Luna for when i am 'awesome' (i will be...one day!)...



however it doesn't end there...

for in the new year i shall be buying this...



i have even started up my banjo fund and calv bought me a little something to keep me motivated in my saving...



in the little bag...

a banjo mute...




exciting huh?