~its still there...~



*a walk last autumn*


...the inkling of autumn that is~the weeks that find us saying goodbye to summer & preparing ourselves for the autumn equinox

this morning i opened the back door that leads into my sacred garden (well developing sacred garden~its taking longer than i thought getting it right) & wandered out in my pyjamas, loving the sound and smell.
we have no noise of passing traffic or people, just the occasional whistle of a steam train as it thunders its way west to destination unknown.

the birds were a veritable chorus-even when i walk out they stay in the tree's, in the bushes, on the fence and watch me as i do the rounds~checking the wild tangle of color & scent, enjoying the damp grass, look up at the sky framing our friends truly enormous oak tree.

i look at my fledgling garden shrine~i am not happy with it really, probably because i have in my minds eye what it will be like-hopefully by samhain-and like many things in life it wont feel 'right' until it is the shrine of my imagining...

then i imagine my celebrations as i follow the wheel from festival to festival-will they be better? in what way? i hope so-i finally have a very secluded garden so will have freedom. not for anything elaborate, but all the same...privacy for my solitary, peaceful path.

~now here i sit, in what has become known as 'my room'~a study come library, with piles of books hidden behind blue gingham curtains~sitting at a big, round, solid wood table;there sit my books waiting to be opened, there is my indoor shrine (again, not over enamoured with it right now) & to my left the open window with a fine breeze blowing in on me~the sky is bright blue with puffs of pinky-white clouds passing high up.

so what will the day hold for this pagan in the new forest?

some study~a walk into the village for bread & dog food~possibly a trip out to hurn airport near bournemouth to watch the red arrows & war time planes take off & land~mundane things, everyday things...

...but all the time my mind is full of 'other'~of pagan imaginings...