~busy~

 
well its been a while since my last proper post
 
its been a combination of being busy setting up my website for
 
the wylde apothecary
 
making things to list to sell and then i came down with the dreaded cold/flu lurgy that is doing the rounds at the moment
 
worse still it started the night before we were due to go to glastonbury to catch up with our friends and see kit at another book signing to do some promo-pixie work...as well as do some essential shopping (shopping in glastonbury is always essential!)
 
i was in bed for about a week and i am very aware that this was the third time i have been ill with a cold virus this year.
 
i am feeling much better, still coughing and sniffly but well enough to have been out of bed for the last three days...so that's good.
 
~*~*~*~
 
for the last two weeks i have been looking for a winter coat for myself.
i have three long coats but none of them are warm, winter coats so decided in the spirit of my recent de-clutter i decided to sell one of the least worn coats in order to buy myself a winter coat.
 
however i had a very specific idea of what i wanted my 'new' coat to be...
 
when i was in my teens this village was great for jumble sales, mainly because of the amount of wealthy people that live here. me being me...my readers of old will know...i have never been a conventional dresser and so would always go to the jumble sales in our old, creaky village hall.
one day i came across an immaculate tweed jacket that i bought for 20p and when i took it home found it to be
and i fell in love.
 
well that original 20p 'harris' is long gone and that was the main criteria in my search for a winter coat...
it had to be a harris tweed overcoat.
 
so my gudrun sjoden coat went up for sale and i had a longish list of harris tweed coats being watched on that well known auction site.
luckily my coat had a bid on it from day one so i knew i could actually bid on one myself...the one i really wanted was being sold only a few hours before my coat sold and it was an anxious wait, hoping no-one would out-bid me.
 
well i am pleased to say i placed my maximum bid and won my coat and the sale of my own coat has paid for it!
 
 
love it!
look closely at the gorgeous mix of subtle colours...
 
 
 
so now i am impatiently waiting for its to arrive...and we all know when you really want something to arrive it seems to take an age.