~reclaim & liberate~


i have recently been feeling a tad feisty and my watchwords have been

*reclaim*
*liberate*

i have  started to reclaim and liberate my time thanks to k over at sylvan spirit

 i have reclaimed a situation and so feel very liberated about actually speaking out

i have reclaimed my garden and this too is part of liberating my time

and i am in the process of reclaiming my health

~*~*~*~

so last weekend, once i had read k's post, i turned off my laptop and turned my focus to other things and as a result had a serious crafting session.
i did cheat a bit as i posted a few rugby related updates on facebook!

but it felt so good to be free of the technology and so in the week i turned it off and ignored it a few other times.
one day i spent a while in the garden-two fifteen minute sessions was all i could manage but it felt good.
i cut back some of last years dead plants to make room for the new green that is pushing up through the earth, pulled out some 'weeds' and provisionally planted my elder, the guardian of the garden .
i have been collecting some interesting pieces of gorse wood so have placed a few bits of that in, what was last year, the vegetable beds.
i cleared out two pots that i have been thinking of planting out my asparagus peas when they are ready to go out.

~*~*~*~

i had my yearly diabetes review and things are okay
the odd thing was that my weight had gone up a little but as i explained to my nurse that last week i put on a jacket that, last year was wearable but tight, but is now loose.
after some some discussion we came to the conclusion that my yoga practice has been developing and firming my muscles but at the same time muscle weighs more than fat!
so although i am changing shape in a good way i am heavier.
~*~*~*~
 
yesterday we went and did our shopping and while out stopped at a local garden centre to look at sheds.
 the idea wasn't to buy one, we just wanted to find one the right size, stand in it and work out how the grrl-cave is going to be set out.
cheeky eh?!
 
anyway we found one that was just the right size and so stood around in it for a while with much turning in circles, pointing and general arm waving.
and it turns out it will be just perfect... wont bore you with the details but be sure of plenty of photos when the grrl-cave is here later in the year.