D.C. Design House

I just read the great article The Washington Post  published about this year's  
D.C. Design House


I can't get to D.C. to see it before it closes on May 8, but I hope my mom and aunt can get there and tell me all about it! 


The 1925 Tudor house is for sale:  $4.9 million


I loved (of course) the before and after photos, but I also loved reading about the design process -- the questions asked of the designers were to the point and informative.  Let's take a look inside!


 Welcome home!  The foyer BEFORE



The foyer AFTER (designed by Liz Levin)
That rug is awesome.



The living room BEFORE




The living room AFTER (designed by Patrick Sutton)
Nice, but I think I would've picked different chandeliers.  Maybe.


The Pool Room BEFORE
(I wonder what they did with those cool side tables?!)


The pool room AFTER (designer Erin Paige Pitts)
I'm not too crazy about this room -- especially the silly starfish hanging.

Master Bedroom Dressing Room BEFORE


Master Bedroom Dressing Room AFTER (designer Iantha Carly)
classic and pretty


The master bedroom BEFORE



The master bedroom AFTER (designer Iantha Carly)  I'll take it!!  This room reminds me of a refreshing citrus dessert.



The gentleman's bedroom BEFORE


The gentleman's bedroom AFTER (designer David Mitchell)  That plaid chair can take a hike, but the rug is yum!


Teenage bedroom BEFORE


Teenage bedroom AFTER (designer Samantha Friedman)
Orange and purple is looking quite fresh.  And symmetry is always a good thing in my book.



The dining room BEFORE


The dining room AFTER (designer Camille Saum)
Is that a moss covered mantle?!  I'd like to ditch those crosses.




The pool kitchen BEFORE


The pool kitchen AFTER (designer Nadia Subaran)
Love!  This might be my favorite of all the redesigns.


Taking into account the designers only had ONE MONTH to get these spaces together, what do you think?

Read all about the D.C. Design House and see more photos HERE.


And it was Jeannine at Small & Chic in C-Ville who let me know about the design house!