My husband thinks these are "too sophisticated." What do you think?!

Help!!
Remember my client; the 10 year old?
Well, I've been working hard putting some Olioboards together for her and her mom to see.  Last night I asked John, "What do you think?"  he hesitated before answering, "I think they're too sophisticated for a 10 year old."

Really?  Should I tell him to stick to coaching soccer, or do I have to start from scratch?!

I'm in need of your expert opinion.

Here is her inspiration color palette:


(FYI:  She has two twin beds in the room.)



OPTION #1:

Avery's Room #1
duvet cover:  digi seaglass by John Robshaw
quilt:  white ruched by Serena & Lily
4 blue paint color choices: Benjamin Moore









OPTION #2:
Avery's room #2
duvet cover: lavender stitch by John Robshaw
quilt: vine by Plover Organic
4 purple paint choices: Benjamin Moore




OPTION #3:
Avery's room #3
duvet cover:  Mystere by Cuddledown
quilt:  Ink by John Robshaw
4 green paint choices: Benjamin Moore


I didn't include any furniture or rugs because her mom is only concerned with getting new bedding and repainting the walls.

I really need your honest feedback -- I'll be showing A. and her mom the Olioboards this weekend.

THANK YOU!!